What We Have Got For You!
- 1— Pregnancy Pillows —
- 2— Best Pregnancy Pillows Reviewed!!! —
- 3-Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow-
- 4-Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow-
- 5-PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow-
- 6-Web Linens Total Body Pregnancy Pillow-
- 7-Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow-
- 8-Moonlight Slumber Comfort-U Pillow-
- 9-Queen Rose Pregnancy Body Pillow-
- 10-Naomi Home Cozy Body Pillow-
- 11— Top Pregnancy Pillows Buying Guide —
- 11.1Different Types of Pregnancy Pillows
- 11.2Removable Cover
- 11.5Heat Retention and Breathability
- 12-Where to Buy-
- 13— Frequently Asked Questions —
Since you are here looking at an article on pregnancy pillows, you are either pregnant or someone around you is. Agreeing with The Bump, It is very common for pregnant women to find it difficult to sleep. With that new bump on her belly, she feels uncomfortable in most positions she tries to sleep in. In this article, we are going to talk about some of the best pregnancy pillows that can your sleeping companion.
Now, if you are an average human being, you ought to need more than one pillow to get a good night sleep. But, when you are pregnant, you need to add one more pillow for your tummy to the already existing stack of pillows you own. Now, that is where pregnancy pillows are able to give you some relief. Therefore, we have prepared this review for the eight best pregnancy pillow models for your sound sleep and the safety of you &your baby!
In this article, apart from just reviewing the best ones, we will also guide you in choosing one of the best pregnancy pillows that suit you and your baby. This comprehensive yet compact article will help you to understand which pillow is better than you and what are the things that you should consider while getting a pregnancy pillow. In this sensitive period, we are with you to help you out in terms of selecting the best sleeping materials which will eventually help both of you and your baby to keep up the good health condition. So, without wasting your valuable time, let’s get started.
When you or someone you know become pregnant, your tummy keeps growing to make space for your little-loved one. During that time, it becomes very difficult to change position due to feeling uncomfortable. And if you end up not getting a perfect sleep, then surely it is going to harm you and your little baby’s health.
In this situation, a pregnancy pillow can help you a lot by providing necessary support to your belly, shoulder, and neck. Some of the available pillows cover you up which means you will all round protection and support from these pillows. While using these, you won’t face any hassle whatsoever to turn here and there. Later on in this article, we will discuss different shapes and filling of pregnancy pillows and will guide you properly to decide which pregnancy pillow is best for you.
— Best Pregnancy Pillows Reviewed!!! —
|Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow||Polyester Fiber Fill||Click Here To Buy Now|
|Leachco Snoogle Back'n Belly Pillow||Polyester Fiber Fill||Click Here To Buy Now|
|PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow||Adjustable PolyFill Material||Click Here To Buy Now|
|Web Linen Pregnancy Pillow||Polyester Fiberfill||Click Here To Buy Now|
|Today's Mom Pregnancy Pillow||50% Cotton |
|Click Here To Buy Now|
|Moonlight Slumber Pregnancy Pillow||Fusion Fiber Fill- Extended Polymer Fill||Click Here To Buy Now|
|Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow||Bionic Polyethylene Filling||Click Here To Buy Now|
|Naomi Home Cozy Pregnancy Pillow||Polyester Fiber Fill||Click Here To Buy Now|
At the top of our most popular pregnancy pillows list, we have a pillow from Leachco which is a renowned company in this field. Their popularity is well visible from strong customer feedback from each of their product. Not only just popularity, this pillow has earned the respect of the users because of the level of comfort it offers.
Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow with a weight of only 3 pounds and a dimension of 60 X 24.8 X 7.2 inches replaces a large number of pillows you see around yourself. Coming in the shape of a horseshoe with polyester filling, it provides support and comfort to all the parts of your body.
Plus, it supports your back to prevent sciatica and lower back pain, it goes between your knees to control temperature and help back pain, keeps your head high enough to help to breathe and prevent heartburn. Finally, it supports your tummy to loosen the strain on it. Do we think this is the best pregnancy pillow? Heck yeah, this is certainly one of the bests.
Not only here, but also this amazing pillow has secured its place in our most comfortable body pillows list as well, be sure to check that out.
Good about this Pillow:
- Acts as a substitute for a large number of pillows.
- Has removable plus machine-washable cover.
- Has heat retention capacity.
- Can be used for a variable number of activities like watching TV, relaxing etc, other than pregnancy.
- Prevents backaches, heartburn, acid reflux etc.
- Can be used by anyone of any gender and height.
- A little bit higher price tag
- Large in size
- The cover is difficult to remove
Are we being biased to Leachco? The only thing that we are biased to is quality features and comfort. Our next product in the list is from Leachco again and it a back ‘n belly contoured pillow. Again, this pillow is admired for its extraordinary comfort and unique shape to keep you in your comfort zone for the whole night.
So, have you been tossing and turning all night and waking up to adjust the pillow? Worry no more, as Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow saves you from the annoying task of repositioning your pillows with its firmness and U-shaped body with a weight of 7 pounds and a dimension of 51 X 33.5 X 8 inches.
As the name suggests, it also provides your back and belly with equal support. Consequently, even insomniacs fall into a deep sleep with its help. That’s why we consider this worthy of joining the club of the most demanded pregnancy pillows from around the world.
Not only here, but also this amazing pillow has secured its place in our best body pillows list as well, be sure to check that out. Let’s check out the pros and cons of this awesome product
Good about this Pillow:
- Has an affordable and effective price.
- Does not need repositioning at night.
- Its structure helps to prevent and help sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, fibromyalgia, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Provides equal support for both body and belly.
- Aligns hips in a neutral position which prevents strain on joints.
- Has an ideal size which fits all sizes of beds.
- Can be used after pregnancy as well because it comes with prenatal and postnatal pillows.
- People of any gender can use it.
- U-shape of the pillow is very uncomfortable to sleep in at first.
- The top portion of the pillow digs into the shoulders during sleep.
- It is too short for a person with good height.
Unlike the other top two pillows, this one is presented by another renowned company PharMeDoc and because of high comfort and quality, this pillow has made to our list of most popular pregnancy pillows. But the same time, like the other top two pillows, this pillow also made to our best body pillows list as well, have a look at it as well.
This full body pillow, with a C-shaped body, weighing 7 pounds and measuring 60X24X7X inches, is suitable for pregnant women having difficulties sleeping on their sides. As a matter of fact, according to Americanpregnancy.org, sleeping on your left side is very good for your baby. But, often sleeping on sides causes aches and sores. In these situations, PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow helps joint and back aches and makes you feel refreshed.
Besides, it helps to remove neck strain, stress, and bad sleep patterns. It is comfortable for both of you and your little one to sleep in. The name is a medical type but the pillow is certainly the best pregnancy pillow ever.
Good about this Pillow:
- Has a firm filling that supports the belly to reduce strain on it.
- It is safe for being free from latex, phthalate, lead, and BPA.
- It is quite flexible and can be molded into various positions for comfort.
- Has a removable cotton cover with a zip.
- Capable of restraining heat.
- Breathable with enough airflow.
- Its overall structure provides for a deep sleep which helps to keep you free from aches, pain, and stress after you wake up.
- It takes up a lot of space.
- It provides most of the support to head only, other parts of the body may get uncomfortable while sleeping
Next up in our most sought-after pregnancy pillows list, we have a maternity pillow by Web Linens which is also a renowned company in its field.
Measuring 19 inches in width and 130 inches in length and weighing 9.6 pounds, Web Linens Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow is an oversized pregnancy pillow for supporting your whole body. Due to its fluffy nature, you will feel like you are sleeping midst a foamy cloud.
This pillow’s straight structure provides you with the flexibility of molding it into any position your body feels comfortable in. It is made with polyester filling and cotton. It also comes with a zippered cover. Finally, it is perfectly safe with no latex, BPA, Phthalate or Lead.
Good about this Pillow:
- Good breathability and heat retention capabilities as it is made from cotton.
- Noise-free and soft due to the polyester filling.
- Versatile plus flexible due to its shape.
- Very comfortable.
- It tends to get lumpy after several adjustments and arrangements to different positions.
- Hard to carry around as it is very large. Especially for pregnant women.
Yes, you are today’s mom and for you, Today’s Mom presents the next member of our pregnancy pillows list. Considering its comfort and feature, it would be a great mistake if we would have excluded it from this top chart.
The worst part about pregnancy pillows according to mothers is the sharp edges that dig into the shoulders causing discomfort. Fortunately, Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow solves that problem with its cozy, curve-shaped shoulder support design. It relaxes the shoulders and provides enough comfort to help instigate a deep sleep.
This pillow measures 56 X 9 X 32 inches and weighs 10.1 pounds. It is made of 50/50 polyester and cotton. Its structure is suitable for providing pregnant mothers with the support they demand most- Tummy support. So, if you are looking for a pillow that does not have annoying shoulder edges and provides tummy support, this is it.
Good about this Pillow:
- Soft with good airflow due to the mixture of polyester and cotton in its body.
- Comfortable shoulder support design.
- Provides back and tummy support simultaneously.
- Caresses the natural curves of the body.
- Useful for anyone with joint stiffness, muscle aches, soft tissue, hips, and knee pain.
- Helps to relieve stress by supporting the spine at night.
- Helps to eliminate musculoskeletal pain.
- Does not need repositioning the pillow.
- Easy to wash as the covers are removable and have zippers.
- Can absorb moisture.
- Quite large in size.
Easy on the maintenance but big on the comfort! Moonlight Slumber Comfort-U Total Body Support Pillow is a horseshoe-shaped pillow providing comfort to every part of your body and making you feel healthy. It is made of synthetic down and polyester polymer. Moreover, it uses cotton as its material, weighs 9.8 pounds and has a dimension of 16.3 X 16.3X 12.8 Inches. Suffering from pain and stress? It will relieve those for you as well.
Good about this Pillow:
- The cotton used in it makes it extremely comfortable.
- Made of premium synthetic down filling used, makes it easier to wash and durable.
- It is hypoallergic, dust resistant and odorless.
- Provides your hips, tummy, back, and shoulder with a perfect alignment.
- Can be molded into any form you please.
- It enhances circulation and reduces aches.
- It tucks in comfortably between your knees and helps regulate body temperature.
- Comes with a zippered cover.
- Huge in size.
- The stitches on the seam of the cover zipper might get frayed after the first wash.
Queen Rose presents the next pregnancy pillows from our list and it comes in a U-shape. Considering the level of comfort it provides, we decided to put this pillow on our list.
This U-shaped pregnancy pillow made with 100% cotton and polyester filling. It eliminates insomnia and any other distress related to sleep with all of its softness. Also, if you want relief from aches, acid reflux, gas pain etc. with a bonus of soft comfort, this is the thing for you! It weighs 5.5 pounds and has dimensions of 51 x 31.5 x 7.9 inches. Plus, it comes with a machine washable cotton pillowcase that has a zipper!
Good about this Pillow:
- It has a unique design suitable for the natural shape of a pregnant mother.
- It relieves backaches, sciatica, acid reflux etc.
- A very versatile product that can be used by non-pregnant people for reading, sleeping, watching TV etc. comfortably.
- The materials used for its manufacture make it durable.
- The bionic polyethylene filling makes it odorless.
- Easy to wash.
- Does not form clumps after use.
- Has the perfect length for tucking it between your knees and regulate body temperature.
- Not firm enough for people who are not accustomed to sleeping in soft places.
Our next entry in the list of pregnancy pillows is presented by Naomi Home. This is one of the coziest and comfortable pregnancy pillows on our list.
This pillow with gusseted neck and shoulder area is perfect for supporting your baby’s weight while you are lying comfortably on your back. To get the comfortable sleep you need, this pillow keeps your back and belly supported by its inner curve.
With dimensions of 23.4 x 16.2 x 16.2 inches and a weight of 9.6 pounds, it is constructed with smooth seams. It has a U shape that provides your body with ergonomic support minus the irritation provided by lower quality pillows.
Good about this Pillow:
- Completely made of cotton.
- It is firm enough to be molded into various positions for comfort.
- Comes with a removable plus washable cover that has a zipper.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- The support provided with its design helps relieve strain and ache on your body.
- The inner curve is designed to fit perfectly around the curves of your body so you can cocoon yourself in comfortably.
- Durable enough to last before and after pregnancy.
- Smooth edges.
- Sometimes the extreme softness causes problems to users.
- Large in size.
— Top Pregnancy Pillows Buying Guide —
You need to choose the best pregnancy pillow for your perfect sleep. Firstly, you have to find out for yourself, which part of your body hurts when you wake up. Then, depending on the location of your discomfort, you can determine if you need a pregnancy pillow or not. Finally, if you do, which one? So, let’s get you acquainted with the different type of pregnancy pillows and the things that you should look for in a pillow to make the best decision.
Different Types of Pregnancy Pillows
Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
As the name suggests, the pillow resembles a wedge. This is the kind of pillow which pregnant women prefer using as they do not always need to be pregnant to use it! Because you can use it just to be comfortable doing anything even after pregnancy. It is the smallest pregnancy pillow available. That’s why it is suitable for pregnant women who travel a lot. The wedge design of this pillow allows you to use it in various positions according to your comfort.
1. When the wedge pillow is placed under the regular one, it keeps the head in a high position which can relieve heartburn and reflux.
2. When it is placed behind your back, it will help you sleep on your side even if you are not a side sleeper.
3. Keeping the wedge pillow under your tummy will help your tummy gain support and keep your back and hips free from any strain.
The drawback of this pillow is that it’s steep varies from brand to brand. As a result, many women may not get a wedge pillow of their preference. Plus, a wedge pillow does not eliminate the need for a head pillow.
Full-Length Pregnancy Pillow
This kind of pillows run along the whole length of your body and provides less support for your back. As a result, it can replace a number of pillows you use including your head pillow and it stays in place. But, it’s not the best pillow for back sleepers.
Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
With a length of around 5 to 6 feet, these pillows support both the front and back of your body. You can just curl up inside it like a puppy and sleep away. They are of two kinds – C shaped and U shaped. The C-shaped pillow is designed for you to ride it and provides relief to your spine. Whereas, the U-shaped pillow is shaped in a way so that you can sleep curled inside it and it is good for back sleepers who cannot sleep on their back for long anymore.
No one likes sleeping on sweaty pillows or pillows with dried up sweat. But, pregnancy might make you sweat. You will sweat profusely at various times of the night due to those pregnancy hormones and your special pillow will have to deal with all that sweat. So, it is suggested that you buy a pillow whose cover can be removed easily and washed. Plus, a pillow with a zip will be easier to take off.
You buy a whole new pregnancy pillow to get that extra support and that extra comfort. Now, if the pillow is not filled with good quality materials, it is natural for the pillow to not serve its purpose properly. So, to make sure that it stays rigid and is capable of providing the support you need, buy one with a good filling. We will help you choose the best pregnancy pillow with the best filling used by giving a brief introduction to the types of fillings used:
Styrofoam Ball Filling
Small white balls called Styrofoam balls are used as filling for your pillow. This kind of filling makes the pillow flexible but noisy. Also, it can adapt to your body shape and weight easily. They are the cheapest kind available.
Polyester Fiber Filling
This kind is soft and noise-free. It determines the firmness of the pillow by the amount of it used. But, it cannot breathe like other pillows.
Like Styrofoam Ball filling, this filling provides you with flexibility and support. But, it keeps it quiet, unlike Styrofoam.
Memory Foam Filling
This kind of filling can lose its shape to match the shape of your body and regain its own shape when released. They are very firm but can cause heat to build up. As a result, they are shredded to allow air to circulate inside and reduce the heat.
If you want your pregnancy to feel completely natural you might choose fillings like- spelled wool or Kapok. P.S: All your pillows might come with a smell. All you need to do is air it to get the smell out.
If the pillow rustles when you move, it is noisy. You already know which fillings are noisy, so avoid choosing them. You do not want your pillow to wake you up at night.
Heat Retention and Breathability
Choose a pillow built with a material that does not absorb heat but releases it. Eventually, it will provide comfort to the women as they get hot easily during pregnancy.
You have no idea what pregnancy might cause you to be allergic to. So, it is best to choose a pillow that does not trigger allergies.
Let’s state the obvious, if you are a little woman, do not go for the big alluring pregnancy pillows. Choose a size that is comfortable for your body size and suitable for your bed.
Even if you like soft pillows, they are not really good for health. So, during pregnancy, it is best to avoid soft pillows.
Choose a pillow that can be used to breastfeed or for comfort even after your pregnancy to make your expenditure worth it.
For more detailed guide and benefits of a pregnancy pillow, you can have a look at our another article on guidance to choose the best pregnancy pillow.
-Where to Buy-
Most people buy pregnancy pillows from various online stores. But, if you want to buy from the wide range of best pregnancy pillow available, then without any hesitation click here.
— Frequently Asked Questions —
Q: Are the pillows washable?
A. The pillows themselves are not washable but their covers are.
Q: How do I clean the pillow?
A. Cleaning procedures of couches and mattresses can be followed in this regard. Firstly, spray the pillow with vinegar to break down sweat or dirt. Then, use baking soda to remove odor. Lastly, vacuum it up after drying. If a pillow is not easy to clean, it is not the best pregnancy pillow for sure.
Q: Will pregnancy pillows help if someone is not pregnant but has chronic pain or other aches?
A: Yes. Pregnancy pillows, unlike its name, has many purposes. It can help to relieve aches, reduce acid reflux and regulate body temperature. All the units that we reviewed can make it happen. That’s why we call them the best pregnancy pillow models.
Q: Is this one solid pillow or multiple people you place in one case?
A: It is always one solid pillow.
Q: the pillows come with a cover?
A: Most of them do. Each of the above-mentioned pillows come with a cover.
Q: Can a replacement pillow case be bought?
A: Yes. Replacement covers are available as well. Try to go with one of the best pregnancy pillow models. Those are common and it will be easy for you to find replacement cases.
Now, you have a buying guide and a clear understanding of the eight best pregnancy pillows. So, what are you waiting for? If you are pregnant, choose it for your own health and your baby’s. If you are not, choose it for yourself to get relief from whatever it is that is keeping you from sleeping. These pillows work like magic and you will find yourself sleeping like a baby, forgetting the world. However, if you feel like having some other type of soft pillows to support your head and neck, then consider reading our best memory foam pillows article.
We hope that we have been a source of great information to you which you can utilize to choose your best sleeping companion. We thank you for visiting our page and hope that you will like our other articles as well.